Huntingdon Gardens was acquired in 1970 by the Moschella family (now known as Moss Care and Associates Group), when it was only a 55 bed High Care facility. Since then, it has undergone a number of refurbishments and renovations, with the latest in 2015, when we added a new premium wing to complement our existing facilities.
Today, Huntingdon Gardens is a welcoming and modern facility with capacity for 171 beds of residential living. With over 45 years of aged care experience, we bring unwavering committment and steadfast support to our residents and their families. Our biggest focus is to maintain the wellbeing and independence of each individual, which is why we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service and care in a comfortable, friendly and well-appointed environment.
Located in the heart of Bexley, we are conveniently within short walking distance to Rockdale Station, and only a 5 minute drive to Rockdale Plaza Shopping Centre and the beautiful Brighton-Le-Sands promenade (Brighton Beach).
Mission and objectives
To provide a happy, caring environment with a high standard of care, where residents may live with security and comfort whilst maintaining privacy and dignity.
- Ensure that high quality care is provided to all residents in a professional manner.
- Create and promote harmonious relationships between residents and staff.
- Ensure surroundings and living conditions are pleasant and comfortable, allowing residents a feeling of homeliness and security, while encouraging maximum independence.
- Involve residents and relatives in the decision-making process for all care provided.
- Support the family and ensure that they feel part of the facility by encouraging them to participate in activities provided.
- Recognise their spiritual needs and avenues available for these needs to be satisfied.
- Educate our staff to ensure the safety and quality of life and care for all residents of the facility.
- Maintain accreditation by continual auditing and improvement of all aspects of care and the environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident records.
The staff at Huntingdon Gardens pride themselves on their professional and caring approach to the residents. They understand that caring is so much more than just the practical tasks completed day-to-day; it is about understanding the emotional and physical needs of each resident, and delivering tailored individual care in way that encourages our residents to retain the independence they desire, at a level which allows them to safely continue doing the things they enjoy.
Personal Care Attendant and long-serving staff at Huntingdon Gardens