We currently have in place a COVID 19 Outbreak Management plan and a first 24-hour response plan which details all the response instruction on how to deal and respond in the event of a positive COVID -19 case within the facility.
Under the Public Health (COVID-19 Temporary Movement and Gathering Restrictions) Order 2021 staff who live in:
- City of Fairfield (Fairfield LGA) and Canterbury-Bankstown LGA from the 23 July 2021 are not permitted to enter an aged care facility outside of the Fairfield or the Canterbury-Bankstown LGA's unless they have been tested for COVID within the past 72 hours.
- Greater Sydney region and work more than 50 kms outside the Greater Sydney region are not permitted from the 19 July 2021 to work unless they have had a COVID test within the preceding 7 days.
- Facilities located in Greater Sydney (including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour) must:
- exclude all visitors, except those providing essential caring functions and end of life visits
- ensure that all staff and essential care visitors wear a surgical mask. For reasons when masks can be removed please see Additional advice. All essential visits must be in the residents room
- ensure that residents are provided with appropriate PPE and infection control advice if they need to leave the facility for essential purposes
- In addition facilities located in the City of Fairfield (Fairfield LGA) and Canterbury-Bankstown LGA should consider regular COVID-19 testing every 3 days of staff who live and work in facilities in Fairfield and Canterbury-Bankstown LGA's.
- Residents are receiving regular updates advising them of the situation regarding visitation and COVID -19 when changes occur. Visiting restriction are always very carefully based around NSW Health advise and families updated by text message whenever this advise changes. Links to : NSW Health latest advise and updates page as well as NSW Health COVID -19 advice for aged care services page are provided below.
- If you should have any further queries regarding our action regarding COVID 19 or any concerns, please contact the facility management on 02 9597 1655 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org